My poetry, etc. ||
"You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves." Mary Oliver, Wild Geese
You ask me who I am. I say I'm a liar a thief a hypocrite. Instead, let me tell you who I want to be: a dreamer a lover a visionary Because in the end what I deeply desire is what will define me. Who are you? Who do you want to be?
So, I started a poetry diary in November because I had a blank journal...really inspiring reason, right? I am taking a stab at this poetry thing, and here is one I wrote recently: Clatter and Clutter Night shrouds my window paper clutters my desk and I cling to a concept of you not finished yet My mind begins to race and I can't move beyond the monotonous pulse of that long-forgotten song Which echoed in my ears and left an imprint so deep that I can't comprehend or contain all you teach So put corks in my ears and a veil over my eyes but I'll still never calm the commotion inside
I will never know What passes through her mind as she scoops Dripping wet sand and bunches of kelp And hurls them toward the blackening ocean. Or know her inner thoughts as she sings Her invented tunes quietly under her breath, And picks flowers, indelicately, Frantic to gather as many as she can fit In her small clenched hand. There are worlds she creates Which I will never see, or even know Existed in her fantastical young mind. And every day she is farther from me.
Comments
Post a Comment